January 16, 2014
If you come to the library in the next few weeks, check out a new display called Winter Thoughts. There are photographs of the St. John’s campus in winter, with accompanying quotes from authors such as Jack Kerouac, Virginia Woolf, Robert Frost, and Percy Bysshe Shelley. The exhibit is located in the 3rd floor lobby of St. Augustine Hall, across from the service desk.
December 12, 2013
Leave a Comment
We realize that you may be focusing on finals at the moment, but if you want a good book to read over Christmas break, check out the new additions to our McNaughton collection, located behind the Information Desk in the library’s 4th floor lobby — books by Michael Connelly, Ian McEwan, Clive Cussler, and Zadie Smith, among others.
1. Flight Behavior, by Barbara Kingsolver
2. Bloodstone , by Gillian Philip
3. The heart of everything that is, by Bob Drury
4. Jony Ive, by Leander Kahney
5. My brief history, by Stephen Hawking
6. The testament of Mary, by Colm Toibin
7. All American, by Steve Eubanks
8. Mozart, by Paul Johnson
9. November 22, 1963, by Jodie Elliot Hansen
10. Hatching twitter, by Nick Bilton
11. Blasphemy, by Sherman Alexie
12. Sweet tooth, by Ian McEwan
13. Robert Plant, by Paul Rees
14. This is how you lose, by Junot Diaz
15. Rustication, by Charles Palliser
16. The gods of guilt , by Michael Connelly
17. The hidden history of the JFK assassination, by Lamar Waldron
18. Mirage, by Clive Cussler
19. This is the story of a happy marriage, by Ann Patchett
20. Bellman & Black, by Diane Setterfield
21. American mirror , by Deborah Solomon
22. An Old Betrayal, by Charles Finch
23. Toby’s room, by Pat Barker
24. Through the Evil Days, by Jul Spencer-Fleming
25. The man he became, by James Tobin
26. The minor Adjustment Beauty Salon, by Alexander McCall-Smith
27. Johnny Cash, by Robert Hilburn
28. NM, by Zadie Smith
November 26, 2013
Leave a Comment
This collection documents the career of Alfred Politz, founder of the market research company Alfred Politz Research Incorporated (ARPI). He was known especially for developing new techniques in polling and opinion analysis. The collection includes biographical and autobiographical information, correspondence, speeches, news clippings, articles, research studies and other published and unpublished material written by, or about, Alfred Politz and ARPI.
This collection is available for research (by appointment only) at the St. John’s University Archives and Special Collections. Please see our location, hours and contact info.
A finding aid for the Alfred Politz Papers is available on our Special Collections website.
September 27, 2013
September 26, 2013
It seems as if the semester started last week, but midterms are just around the corner. If you’re looking for a place to do some late night reading, the 1st floor quiet study section & café seating area in St. Augustine Hall will be open to St. John’s students 24/7 from Monday, September 30 through Friday night, October 18. We will resume regular hours and close at 6 PM on Saturday, October 19.
September 3, 2013